Monday, January 26, 2009

delicious fall harvest salad

My favorite dish to make in the kitchen must be salad, because I get the most excited when I find a new salad recipe I like, especially if it includes fruit, nuts, cheese, and a good dressing. Well, this salad is delicious and will not disappoint! I made it for some friends a couple of weeks ago, and they all wanted the recipe. While I can't take credit for coming up with this one, I wanted to share it with you. Again, because I am just now starting this blog, there is no picture, but you can view it here.

Fall Harvest Salad
From Good Things Catered
I N G R E D I E N T S :

8 oz. mixed salad greens
1/2 c. fresh arugula
1 large apple, sliced
1/4 c. dried sweetened cranberries
1/4 c. candied walnut pieces*
1/4 c. goat cheese, crumbled**
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. raspberry vinegar
1/8 c. white sugar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp salt

D I R E C T I O N S :

-In large salad bowl, combine greens and arugula and set aside.
-In medium bowl, combine raspberry vinegar, sugar, mustard, oregano, pepper, and salt.
-Whisk to combine thoroughly and slowly drizzle in oil while whisking constantly to emulsify mixture.
-Toss greens with as much dressing as desired.
-Sprinkle greens with cranberries, walnuts, cheese, and apple sliced.
-Serve immediately.

Here is how to make candied walnut pieces

4 comments:

MLS said...

I love that you started this one, too! I can't wait to follow along =)

Domestic Kate said...

This sounds really good. Will have to try soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! So glad you like it! I'll have to post more salad recipes. :)

N said...

You should definitely try it!