Saturday, March 14, 2009

strawberry & spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette



a super easy, delicious, and healthy salad! my friend lynn recently made this for a get together at my house. i'm not sure of the original source of the recipe.

I N G R E D I E N T S :

for the dressing...
(makes 1/4 cup)

2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

for the salad...

strawberries
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
fresh spinach (i like using baby spinach)
pecans or walnuts (candied would be delicious!)
cheese, such as parmesan or goat

D I R E C T I O N S :

prepare dressing by whisking together ingredients. i like to combine in a food processor because it keeps it from separating.

chop strawberries and marinate in 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar for 10 minutes.

combine spinach, strawberries, nuts, and cheese. toss with dressing.

click here to make candied walnut pieces

No comments: