Tuesday, April 07, 2009

lemon-poppy seed dressing


this is my most favorite salad dressing to make. i usually make it with the apple, pear, and craisin salad, but recently i made some for a spinach salad with oranges, strawberries, and candied pecans. we had the salad again last night, this time just spinach, strawberries, and orange slices with this dressing. it is just delicious! if you haven't made it yet, you must! it's pretty much great with any fruity salad!

I N G R E D I E N T S :

1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice (about 3 lemons...make sure you get a full 1/3 cup)
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. poppy seed
2/3 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
I also add a little white wine vinegar (maybe 1-2 Tbsp. at most) to thin out the dressing if I don't have enough lemon juice


D I R E C T I O N S :

combine ingredients and mix together. i like to mix in a food processor because it keeps the dressing from separating as much.

No comments: