a friend of mine made these recently when she has us over for dinner, and they were absolutely delicious. they had a light, fluffy texture and were extremely soft and moist. she gave me the recipe and i have yet to make them, but i wanted to post them for you all to try because they look very easy to make. much easier than the honey yeast rolls i made the last time.
quick yeast rolls
I N G R E D I E N T S :
1 pkg yeast
1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
1 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups milk
4 cups flour
2 Tbsp. melted butter
D I R E C T I O N S :
1. Stir together yeast, 1/4 cup warm water, and 1 tsp sugar in a 2
cup glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
2. Beat 2 Tbsp. sugar, softened butter, and salt at medium speed
with a heavy-duty mixer until creamy. Add egg, milk, and yeast
mixture, beating until blended. Gradually add flour, beating at low
speed until smooth. Turn dough out onto a a well-floured surface,
and knead until smooth and elastic (2-4 minutes). Place in a well-
oiled bowl, turning to grease top.
3. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 30 minutes
or until doubled in bulk. (I put a pot of boiling water in the bottom
of my oven and then put in bowl and shut the door. Make sure oven is
NOT on! :) )
4. Punch dough down; turn dough out onto a floured surface. Divide
dough into 24 pieces ; shape into balls. Place in 2 greased 9-inch
square pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 -20 minutes.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden. Brush tops
with melted butter.