Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Balsamic Vinaigrette

I found this recipe while looking through Southern Living a few months ago and quickly jotted it down since I had been looking for a good balsamic vinaigrette to make. This one is really good and full of flavor. We had it on spinach salad with mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, candied pecans, and feta cheese, and it went well. I used a blender and it gave the dressing a wonderful, thick consistency that so far has not separated.

Balsamic Vinaigrette
From Southern Living Magazine

I N G R E D I E N T S :

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar, firmly packed
2 Tbsp. stone ground mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic salt (all I had was garlic powder, so I used 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and slightly less than 1/4 tsp. salt)
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup light olive oil (I only have regular olive oil-not sure what the difference is-so I used 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 canola)

D I R E C T I O N S :

Blend ingredients together. For best results, use a blender or food processor so the dressing won't separate as easily.

No comments: