Monday, February 15, 2010

anywhere spray mystery...SOLVED!

So, I have been really curious about this whole "make your own anywhere spray thing". Uncertain of which websites have accurate information, I finally decided to contact Clorox and ask them if making your own spray will hold up over time, or if you do need to make a fresh batch. I asked them how the store bought anywhere spray holds up if this is true, and I also asked them how much bleach to water one needs for disinfecting. I just received the following email response from them:


Thank you for contacting us about Clorox Liquid Bleach. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

When using bleach in a spray bottle for disinfecting, you need 3 tablespoons of Clorox Bleach - Regular Scent per quart of water. Bleach solutions need to be made fresh daily. Once diluted, bleach breaks down quickly - mainly into salt and water - and is not stable for use over a week.

The key to Clorox Anywhere Hard Surface Daily Sanitizing Spray is balancing the PH to a region that delivers good stability. Unfortunately, the formula is proprietary at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Well, so this wasn't exactly the news I was hoping to hear, even though I suspected it would be the answer, and I definitely wanted to share it with you, my readers, so that you would know that you, too, must make a fresh batch each time! I'm sorry for any confusion I might have caused by posting that you can make this stuff at home and keep it around, but I had no idea. There are a lot of websites out there that say you can do this, but we all know there's a lot of inaccurate information out there online. At least now we know not to keep it for longer than a week now!

1 comment:

Anca said...

Very interesting.....