Saturday, March 06, 2010

Fresh fruit salad with sour cream drizzle


I helped host a baby shower for two friends this morning, and was in charge of the fruit for our brunch. I made a simple fruit salad and dressed it up with a tasty little sauce found in Southern Living Magazine by one of the other hostesses. I'm glad we tried it out, because it was good! Fruit is always good on its own, but this sauce dressed it up and added an extra sweet note.

The fruit salad I made included the following diced fruits:
1 mango
3 oranges
1 grapefruit
1 small carton raspberries (leave whole)
1 small carton blueberries (leave whole)
1 16 ounce container strawberries
3 kiwi
1 red apple
1 banana

Here is the recipe for the sauce:

Sour cream sauce
Southern Living, February 2010
Click here for the link

I N G R E D I E N T S :
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. vanilla

D I R E C T I O N S :

Beat butter and powdered sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla, beating until creamy. Cover and chill until ready to serve (up to 8 hours).

I simply drizzled this on top of each serving of fruit.

Peppermint would make a wonderful garnish, but I didn't have any.



    No comments: