Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chicken Salad


My husband's aunt Ina makes a delicious chicken salad, and it is a great dish to have for a brunch, shower, or just for lunch.

I N G R E D I E N T S :

1 or 1.5 lb chicken breast
½ onion
1 celery stalk
1 small jar sweet relish
walnuts
mayo
apples (optional)

D I R E C T I O N S :

Simmer chicken breasts with ½ onion and celery stalk. If you can simmer them on low all day, that’s best because the meat just falls apart really well. Cook chicken thoroughly.

Cool thoroughly in pan and then drain.

Refrigerate overnight and then cut into chunks

To 2 cups chicken, add:
1 cup celery
salt to taste
½ jar sweet relish
natural walnuts-roll with a rolling pin
mayo to taste
apples are optional

Great served with crackers or on bread or croissants.

No comments: