Wednesday, April 28, 2010

fresh raw salsa

I've made this salsa several times in the past, and every time, end up eating the whole bowl all on my own because I love it. It's a little different than a traditional mexican salsa, but it's so healthy and tasty. I just love it. No cooking required, just chopping and blending. I enjoy eating it with organic blue corn chips.

Fresh Salsa
From Recipes for Life from God's Garden


I N G R E D I E N T S :
1 cup tomatoes
2 Tbsp. onion
1/2 cup red bell pepper
1/2 cup green bell pepper
1/2 cup fresh corn, optional (I love the corn in it and use frozen corn that is thawed )
1/2 cup cucumber
1/2 cup celery
2 Tbsp. XVOO
1 clove fresh garlic
2 Tbsp. honey, optional (honey gives it a great extra flavor)
1 tsp. each basil, oregano, and cilantro (fresh here is definitely best)
Celtic Sea Salt, optional (I use regular sea or kosher salt but would love to invest in some celtic soon)


D I R E C T I O N S :
Peel and chop tomatoes, mince onion, garlic, peppers, celery, and cucumber. Place half of the vegetables in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Combine with the remaining vegetables, add seasonings and oil and mix well. Cover and place in refrigerator to chill until served.

(Great with Garden of Eatin blue corn chips)

1 comment:

Sara and Wade said...

Yum-o! I'm printing this recipe off right now. My Sunday school class is starting a supper club and I'll have to think about taking this -or that salad you make with pecans - to the next one!