Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chocolate creme de menthe cookies

I made a fabulous little cookie the other night, and have been dying to share it with you. My friend Anca posted this recipe on her blog, and it looked irresistible. And, it was! This is a wonderful cookie to make, especially during this time of year. Make them for your family, make them for a cookie swap, have one with milk, or even some coffee on a cold afternoon. Just make them, because they are so good! And if you haven't checked out Anca's blog, you should-she has some fantastic looking recipes and I find myself dying to try each new dish as soon as she posts it. She also has a good picture of these cookies, and I do not...so you'll have to go there to see! Here is the recipe.

Chocolate creme de menthe cookies
by Anca at Haystacks and champagne


I N G R E D I E N T S :
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 
(or 1 cup regular white sugar & 3/4 cup packed brown sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 10-oz pkg 
Andes brand creme de menthe baking chips

D I R E C T I O N S :

Preheat oven to 375° F.

Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar 
(and granulated sugar, if using), and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels.

Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are puffed. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies (rough estimate).

No comments: