- We've been busy here with the arrival of our new baby girl, but I have a few posts I hope to share soon, including this one. Before she was born, I made this yummy chocolate ice cream. If you have an ice cream maker, this is extremely easy to mix up. If you don't like almonds, simply omit them for an equally yummy classic chocolate ice cream. I do not have a picture yet, but hopefully soon I'll get to take one since I'm slowly savoring the remainder we have left in the freezer! This is a terrific summer treat you can whip up in a snap.
Chocolate almond ice cream
- Recipe here from myrecipes.com
- I N G R E D I E N T S :
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups whole chocolate milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds (toast on 350 for 5-10 minutes, but do not let get too brown!)
D I R E C T I O N S :
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher or large bowl until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
- Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and place in freezer 15 minutes. Stir almonds into prepared ice cream. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.