Friday, November 30, 2012

Mint chocolate cookies



I've always loved anything mint chocolate, so these might be my new favorite cookie! This was another great Pinterest discovery. I made them this week to take to a friend who just had twins, and also for our student Christmas party. They are delicious! Make them!!
I didn't use green food coloring as the original recipe calls for, but you certainly can if you want them to be tinted green.

Mint Chocolate Cookies

I N G R E D I E N  T S :

2 3/4 cup flour

1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp mint extract
15-20 drops green food coloring (optional, I didn't use)
1 bag of Andes mints (chopped) (I used two boxes-about 10 oz)



D I R E C T I O N  S :


Preheat oven 375 degrees.  
Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt) together and set aside.  Unwrap andes mints and crush. I actually put mine into the food processor and ground them up. I might do the bigger chunks next time but they still turned out great. 
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and mint extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Add green food coloring if using and mix until even colored.  Last, but not least, fold in the chopped Andes mints.  
Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, flatten, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets. 
Bake for 8-10 minutes.  Let stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before moving them to wire racks to cool.

No comments: