Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Carrot apple coconut muffins


These were great! My 4 year old daughter loved helping me bake them and the whole family liked having them for breakfast. These are easy and healthy. I'm not a huge coconut fan, but the addition added only a subtle flavor and didn't really effect the texture. To make them even healthier, you could use whole wheat flour.

Carrot Apple Coconut Muffins
Makes 30 mini muffins or 12 regular sized muffins

I N G R E D  I E N T S :
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (all I could find was sweetened at my grocery store)
2 carrots, peeled and grated (about 1 cup)
1 apple, peeled and grated (about 1 cup, and gala, pink lady, or red delicious are good choices)
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup honey

D I R E C T  I O N S :

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl.

In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients

Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine

Place 1 Tbsp. batter into greased mini muffin tins, or fill regular sized muffin tins to 3/4-all the way full.

For mini muffins, bake at 350 for 15 minutes, and for regular sized muffins, bake 20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).

No comments: