Thursday, July 11, 2013

simple baked squash


This recipe is almost embarrassingly simple but something I make several times a summer when we have lots of squash. It's a very basic recipe and a nice, easy vegetable dish that we always like. We like to do veggie nights and in the summer they are great-some squash, pinto beans, corn bread, sweet potatoes, and fresh tomatoes and cucumbers all make a great meal. Last night I served this with bbq chicken, mashed potatoes and cucumbers and tomatoes.

Baked Squash

I N G R E D I E N T S :
Several squash...4-5 big ones or 8 or so little ones
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup corn meal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
salt
pepper

D I R E C T I O N S :
Preheat oven to 350.
In one dish place milk, and in another place mixed cornmeal and flour.
Wash and slice squash-I try to slice it very thin-less than 1/4".
Dip squash in milk, then coat in flour mixture.
Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake for 30 minutes, then turn each slice over and bake another 30 minutes.
Squash should be soft and golden.


No comments: