Wednesday, August 12, 2009

oatmeal cookies with raisins & walnuts


this recipe was given to me by my husband's granny. for variety, you can use half regular raisins and half golden raisins, or use pecans rather than walnuts.

I N G R E D I E N T S :

1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine (i use butter)
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 well-beaten eggs (or 1 egg and two egg whites)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
3 cups quick cooking oats, or 3 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup raisins


D I R E C T I O N S :

preheat oven to 350.

thoroughly cream butter (or margarine) and sugars; add eggs and vanilla. beat well.

add sifted dry ingredients, then oatmeal, then nuts and raisins.

to make immediately, you can shape into the dough into balls (about 2 Tbsp. each), or shape into a roll; wrap in waxed paper, and chill thoroughly or overnight. i like to bake a few of the cookies immediately, and then roll the remaining dough into a couple of rolls to freeze and keep on hand. slice the rolls into about 1/4" thickness before baking, and bake for about 10 minutes (i usually touch one cookie and make sure it has cooked enough to where it doesn't stick to me, to test for doneness).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Nancy! Just tried out this recipe, and the cookies are delicious. Substituted in chocolate chips, and they are super tasty! I'm taking them to a friend at church, but I am definitely keeping leftover dough for us :) Thanks for sharing! Andrea Jones