Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Simple Pork Tenderloin

Hello! Yes, I'm still alive, and no, I haven't forgotten about my blog! Life has just been busy and I haven't had to cook much lately. But this is what I'm making for dinner tonight: a pork tenderloin that is very easy and takes very little prep time or ingredients. In about 5 minutes, I put it together and it's in the oven as I'm typing. I've made this several times over the past few years and am always pleased with the results. Served with mashed potatoes (regular or sweet), peas and carrots, and maybe some applesauce, this is classic comfort food that is perfect for a fall day such as this one.

Pork Tenderloin

I N G R E D I E N T S :

Pork tenderloin
1 Tbsp. Butter
Dijon mustard

D I R E C T I O N S :

Preheat oven to 350.

Melt butter in a large skillet, and brown tenderloin on all sides.

Spread spicy dijon mustard (not honey mustard, although that might be good, too....) to coat tenderloin.

Unless using an ovenproof skillet, transfer tenderloin to a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until the meat reaches 160-170 degrees.

No comments: