Thursday, January 07, 2010

Lasagna

This past week was my turn to host and serve the main course for a cooking club I've been part of. We have gone through Tables of Content, by the Junior League of Birmingham, so everything we made is in it. Here is the lasagna recipe. It was tasty and not at all complicated. I made the meat sauce the day before I prepared it, so it was really easy to put together. Sorry...no picture. But we all know what this stuff looks like!

Lasagna
From Tables of Content
by the Junior League of Birmingham

I N G R E D I E N T S :

1 pound ground beef
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
3 tomato paste cans water
1 envelope spaghetti seasoning mix  (I used McCormick's brand)
3 cups cottage cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. fresh parsley (I just sprinkled in some dried parsley)
8 no-boil lasagna noodles (Use these-trust me. They are your friend!)
1 pound mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced (I used shredded)
Grated parmesan cheese to taste

D I R E C T I O N S :

Brown the ground beef with the garlic in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until the ground beef is crumbly; drain.
Mix the tomato sauce, tomato paste, water and seasoning mix in a bowl and add to the ground beef mixture.
Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the cottage cheese, egg and parsley in a bowl.
Spread 1/3 of the ground beef mixture in a 9x13-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Layer with 1/2 of the noodles, 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese.
Top with 1/2 of the remaining ground beef mixture, the remaining noodles, remaining cottage cheese mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for 30 minutes longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Made your lasagna tonight and it was great. Thanks for the recipe!
- Kelly Stephenson