Wednesday, January 27, 2010

make your own anywhere spray


I don't like to use a lot of harsh chemicals, but sometimes disinfecting is just necessary-like when you've handled raw meat while cooking. I purchased some Clorox anywhere spray and began to love it because it's just strong enough to actually do the job but not strong enough to be hazardous, dangerous, etc. It's supposedly safe enough to use on practically anything, even around kids and food.

The problem: All it seems to be is water with a splash of bleach, yet I've seen stores charging up to $3 for one 22 ounce bottle. And those bottles go quickly. After googling several sites and finding the same results, I realized you can make your own anywhere spray for much, much cheaper. Simply take one of these empty bottles, or buy a spray bottle from the dollar store, and mix the following concoction:

1 1/2 tsp. bleach
22 ounces of water

That's it. And it's a heck of a lot cheaper than what you pay at the store.
 I've been making it for months, and it seems to work just fine, so I had to share!

1 comment:

Sara and Wade said...

Wow! I'm doing that. Thanks for sharing! Also, I made your baked chicken and veggies dish a few nights ago and my husband LOVED it!:)