Thursday, April 08, 2010

Spinach and Pecan Salad

I made this for dinner club the other night. I chose it because it was one of the healthier salad options, and everyone seemed to love it.

In the future, I might even replace the sugar with honey to make it healthier and see how it tastes.

Spinach and Pecan Salad
From At the Table with Patty Roper


I N G R E D I E N T S :
1 cup pecans
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Fresh spinach
2 apples, sliced

For the dressing:
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

D I R E C T I O N S :

Stir together pecans, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Spread nut mixture on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, stirring often. Cool and break apart; set aside.
For dressing, mix together all ingredients, stirring well.
Place spinach and apple slices on each plate. Drizzle with dressing, and sprinkle with toasted pecans.
(We did buffet style, so I diced the apples, mixed the spinach, apples, and pecans together, and tossed it with the dressing.)

1 comment:

Sara and Wade said...

Yum! Can't wait to try this one!:)