Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Poppy seed dressing with honey and red wine vinegar

This is a new recipe I tried after enjoying it at a friend's house. What I love about it is that it doesn't have any refined sugar, but instead has honey. I like the combination of flavors, and it's great over a salad with fruit.

Poppy seed dressing
Adapted from a recipe found in Southern Living.


I N G R E D I E N T S :

3/4 cup oil (safflower oil is preferable over canola or vegetable)
1/3 cup honey (raw, local honey is best)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. poppy seed
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. sea salt


D I R E C T I O N S :

Combine ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds. Refrigerate before using.

Good on a salad with:
Romaine, bib, spinach, or leaf lettuce, with a combination of grapefruit and orange segments, strawberry slices, mandarin oranges, and avocado slices.
Would also be great to add feta or goat cheese to a salad with this dressing.

1 comment:

MLS said...

TOTALLY impressed that you are already cooking in Jefferson City!! I am sure you are all unpacked and domesticating away!!