Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Banana nut muffins


My friend Amber at This Mommy Cooks was on the lookout for a banana nut muffin recipe, and I have one I've made numerous times and just love. So, I figured, it would be a good time to just post it on here as well! This recipe is super easy, and very basic. Nothing fancy, but just a good, classic banana muffin. We love this recipe, and I hope you will, too! In fact, I really should make it soon...

*Update: I did make these, and, as always, they were so good! This time, however, I tried to make them a little healthier, and we all loved how they tasted! I also sprinkled some of the nuts on top of the muffins, a la my friend Amber. Please note my changes in {parenthesis}.

Banana Nut Muffins

I N G R E D I E N T S :
1-1/2 cup flour {for a healthier version, use fresh soft white wheat, whole wheat pastry,or white whole wheat flour}
3/4 cup sugar {for a healthier version, use honey instead-I didn't have any, but will do this next time}
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg
1/4 cup oil {for a healthier version, use1/3 cup applesauce instead}
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts {optional, but I love them in the muffins}

D I R E C T I O N S  :

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 
Combine 1st four ingredients in bowl.
Mix in bananas, egg, and oil.
Mix well, and add 1/2 of the nuts.
Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
Sprinkle remaining nuts on top of muffins.
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.

Yield: 12

1 comment:

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

These are so delicious! Wil just gobbled one up. I added a banana and sprinkled half of the nuts on top so it would be pretty, and they turned out great! Thanks for sharing!