Tuesday, August 24, 2010

new potato salad with parsley and capers


The Memphis Botanic Gardens has a great little restaurant which serves a potato salad that I just love, and I used to love getting it every time I had lunch there.  I loved it so much, in fact, that I actually called them once and asked if they would mind sharing the recipe, and they were so kind to do so. This is not your typical fattening, mayo based potato salad, but is instead a very light and healthy alternative. It's refreshing and a great accompaniment to lunch or an outdoor picnic. 

New potato salad
Based off a recipe from Fratelli's in the Garden.

I N G R E D I E N T S :
6 medium-large new potatoes (or 8 smaller new potatoes), diced
1 bunch of parsley
2 1/2 Tbsp. capers
1/4 cup XVOO

D I R E C T I O N S :

Bring a pot of salted water and the diced potatoes to a boil, and boil for 12 minutes. 

Meanwhile, combine parsley leaves, capers, and olive oil in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.

Once potatoes are done boiling, drain and move to a serving bowl. Pour parsley/caper sauce over potatoes, stir until combined, and allow to chill for a few hours in the fridge while the potatoes cool and the flavors combine. Season with salt, if desired.

No comments: