Sunday, April 03, 2011

Stovetop Apples


These apples are a great dish to serve with dinner. We had them with a vegetable night this past week (and then actually, we had them again another night because they were so good!), but they would be a great accompaniment to many meals. They are super easy to make, and have a wonderful flavor. Your kids will especially love them, and so will you! I recommend using Granny Smith apples for their flavor and texture.

Stovetop apples
Serves 4

I N G R E D I E N T S :

6 regular sized granny smith apples
3/4 cup sugar
cinnamon
pinch of salt

D I R E C T I O N S :

Peel apples and cut into thin slices. Place in a sauce pan and add just enough water to cover them, though they will try to float. Bring to a boil, and boil for 2 minutes, then reduce to simmer on low. Add sugar, a pinch of salt, and sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Let cook for about 10 minutes, until apples are fork tender. Drain excess water.

No comments: