Thursday, June 30, 2011

Berry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette


I made this dressing last night and it is delicious! I love that this recipe will work with strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries. I made a strawberry vinaigrette out of it and just loved the flavor. This is a perfect summer dressing to go over spinach, strawberries, mandarin oranges, feta, pecans...whatever combination you choose! I don't think you can go wrong.

Berry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
Recipe by Our Best Bites
I N G R E D I E N T S :
1/2 c. white wine vinegar
1/2 c. honey (or sugar)
1-2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon grated onion (I left this out but think it would be good with or without)
1 tsp. kosher or other coarse salt
About 10 cracks of freshly ground black pepper
1 c. raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries
2/3 c. canola oil
1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
D I R E C T I O N S :
Combine the vinegar, honey, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and berries in the jar of a blender. Blend until smooth and then, with the blender running, add the oil in a steady stream. Turn off the blender and whisk in the poppy seeds. If possible, refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

No comments: