Thursday, October 06, 2011

a recipe, a wreath, and an update.

Hello there! For those of you who think my little food blog has died, I am here to assure you that it has not! Our toddler and new little addition has been keeping me busy, and that on top of some recent nursing related food allergy issues with my baby girl has taken me through a time where I was not able to eat a wide variety of foods, let alone try many new recipes. But, I think we have begun to get things figured out, so I am looking forward to trying some new recipes soon. I've gotten hooked on Pinterest, and have pinned lots of yummy looking dishes to try. One such recipe from Pinterest I did recently try was these yummy, two-ingredient pumpkin muffins. They are so, so easy to whip up and the perfect dessert for when you are in a hurry or need to make a last minute dessert. All you need is a box of yellow cake mix and a regular sized can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix), and you are off! No eggs, oil, nothing. I did add about 1/3 cup applesauce because it just seemed like it might add to the flavor and enhance the moisture, but it really is not needed-these muffins (which really are more like cupcakes because they are so sweet) are super moist. I also added some cinnamon, ground cloves, and pumpkin pie spice mix to give them more of a pumpkin bread flavor, and all I did was sprinkle the mix generously with each one. Because there are no eggs, you can fearlessly sample the raw batter and add more spices in to your liking. Next time, I'll make either a cream cheese frosting or the apple cider glaze that is also on the original blog post where I found this recipe. These were just so delicious!
Speaking of pinterest, I also made this fun fall wreath! It was super easy and a fun project for fall. Since I don't have a picture of my muffins, I'll show you a picture of the wreath :).
Hopefully, more recipes are to come soon!





No comments: