Friday, August 05, 2011

Herb & panko crusted mozzarella stuffed chicken


I am all about easy dishes these days. This is just not the season in life for me to be making things that keep me in the kitchen all day and away from my kids. So, you are likely to notice I will most likely write more posts with dishes that are quick and simple, like this one. I made this dish the other night and it was so good! I've been wanting to try it for a while, and I'm glad I did because it was yummy. This is a super easy, quick dish to make and pop in the oven, and it has a delicious flavor. No picture, but you should still make it! I served it with rice pilaf and steamed broccoli, and my husband and daughter both loved it.

Herb & panko crusted mozzarella stuffed chicken
(AKA Chicken Simon & Garfunkel)
from Simple Suppers for Busy Moms

I N G R E D I E N T S :
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 egg
flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used panko)
1 Tbsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. sage
1/4 tsp. rosemary
1/4 tsp. thyme
1 stick butter (could use less; I did. I think you could even use just half a stick and be fine.)
1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth (I used both a 1/2 cup white cooking wine and 1/2 cup broth from a boullion cube)
toothpicks

D I R E C T I O N S :

Season flattened chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sprinkle mozzarella on top. 

Roll and secure with toothpick. 

Make three bowls for dipping: 1) flour; 2) whisked egg; 3)bread crumbs and spices stirred together. 

Dip rolls in flour, then in egg, then in crumbs (roll to coat).

Place in greased casserole dish and top with melted butter. 

Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Add wine/broth, cook 30 minutes more.

1 comment:

The Westmorelands said...

sounds delish! i am more than happy for you to post easy recipes, since it's all i can manage! i tried your poppyseed dressing the other day when i had guests, and it was a HIT! thanks! hope you and your girlies are having a good summer.