Wednesday, August 03, 2011

sauteed corn


Sometimes when we have mexican/southwestern food for dinner, I find myself at a loss for creative ideas of vegetable sides to serve alongside it. Corn always seems to go well with such dishes, but I get bored with corn on the cob or the plain frozen kind. A while back, I came up with this dish and we love it whenever we have tacos, king ranch chicken, or another such type of meal. It's super easy and there are no precise measurements, but it's a great side dish. 

Sauteed corn

I N G R E D I E N T S :

1 Tsbp. butter
1 bag of frozen corn
salt
cumin
garlic powder
onion powder
chili powder

D I R E C T I O N S :

Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn. Sprinkle with salt and remaining spices, and stir to combine. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes or until corn is cooked through. 


No comments: