Thursday, July 07, 2011

Easy, tasty 5-minute black bean soup


Okay, so this might be the easiest soup I've ever made. In fact, I'm quite positive it is. Five minutes, Five ingredients (all of which you probably already have in your pantry), and just as delicious as it is simple to make...this one is a must try. I've been in a lunchtime rut lately and have also been wanting to eat less processed sandwich meat, so I tried this recipe the other day, and I love it. In fact, I've already made it twice, and plan to often in the future. This would be a great dinnertime recipe as well with a salad and some bread. I just could not believe a recipe so easy with such little ingredients could taste so good, but it does! 

Black Bean Soup
Slightly adapted from Simple Suppers for Busy Moms

I N G R E D I E N T S :
2 15-ounce cans of black beans, undrained
1/2 cup salsa
1 Tbsp chili powder (I use less-I just sprinkle some in because I don't want much heat)
Dash of cumin (optional, but I added it and like the flavor)
1 can chicken broth (I used 1 chicken bouillon cube and 1 cup water because it was what I had on hand)

D I R E C T I O N S :
Dump beans into pan. Mash with potato masher for a thicker texture, or leave as is for an even quicker soup (which is what I did).
Add remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil.  
That's it! 
Add tortilla chips, sour cream, green onions, cheese, etc. 

1 comment:

Desi said...

Gotta love quick and easy! I wanted to let you know about my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html