Friday, February 24, 2012

Queso Blanco


As I mentioned in my last post, I brought this, along with fresh salsa, to the cooking club I recently joined. Both were great, and I found myself unable to stop eating this queso! I had to refrain from stuffing myself with it, and definitely enjoyed the leftovers at home two days later!! I tried this recipe because it claims to taste just like the stuff at mexican restaurants, and I wholeheartedly agree! I thought it was fabulous and will certainly be using it as my go-to queso dip from now one. One huge perk to this recipe is that it is so extremely easy to make...just dump the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl, and cook in the microwave. I highly recommend trying this one! Both recipes are from Pennies on a Platter, and both were delicious!

Queso Blanco

I N G R E D I E N T S :
1 1/4 lb block white american cheese (Land O' Lakes brand preferred. Find in the deli at your grocery store but do not have them slice it).
1/4 cup diced green chills (I used canned)
2 pickled jalapeƱos, chopped (these can be found in cans/jars)
1 ounce pickled jalapeƱos juice (from above ingredient)
2/3 cup whole milk (I used 2% as it was all I had)
1/2 cup cold water
pinch of cumin (optional)


D I R E C T I O N S :
Toss all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stopping to stir after every minute. The mixture might seem watery after the first few stirs, but should come together as a nice runny dip after all the cheese is melted. (If you do not have a microwave, you can cook this on medium-low on the stove top, too). 

Serve immediately! To reheat, simply reheat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until creamy and hot.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I am so sad that even when AR can handle dairy (and therefore, I can eat it), I'll have to work myself up to this amazing dairy-goodness or make myself sick! This is at the top of the, "I can't wait to eat dairy again!" list. :) I am so excited to try it. :)

N said...

Becca, it is so good! You'll have to try it when you can eat dairy again!