Monday, April 09, 2012

Texas Caviar

I made this dish for an Easter cookout we went to yesterday after church. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take a picture beforehand, and there were no leftovers...but I take that as a sign that it was a success! I love this dish- It's fresh, healthy, easy to throw together, and a great appetizer. I like to serve it with tortilla chips.

Texas Caviar
from Domestic by Design

I N G R E D I E N T S :
28 ounce canned black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 package frozen corn (if making ahead, it will thaw)
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 green onions chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup parsley or cilantro (I use cilantro)
8 ounce italian dressing (I used a Good Seasons packet)

D I R E C T I O N S :
Mix everything into a bowl and toss. Let refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. I made the night before and waited until morning to add the salad dressing.

No comments: