Saturday, July 21, 2012

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread


Zucchini bread is such a popular bread to bake, but I had never made it before. I came across this recipe on Pinterest and thought it looked good, and decided to make it after I was given some fresh Zucchini. My little girl and I made it this morning, and it is so delicious! This is definitely more of a cake; in fact, it tastes just chocolate cake! I just clicked on the original link it's a Paula Deen recipe, so I guess that makes sense :)! It's super moist and has a great flavor. I had to post it right away!

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Recipe found on Pinterest from this site, originally adapted from Paula Deen on Food Network
I N G R E D I E N T S :
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 packed cups grated zucchini (don’t peel it)
1 cup chocolate chips
D I R E C T I O N S : 
Preheat oven at 350 F. Spray two 9×5 inch pans with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Add the oil and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients along with the zucchini and chocolate chips. Stir just until combined, and divide between the loaf pans.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the tops are cracked and springy to the touch. Makes 2 cakes.

1 comment:

becca Simmons said...

I made this yesterday! So yummy!
Confession: from one lover-of-cooking to another, I was not paying attention. I grabbed my 2/3 cup instead of my 1/2 cup. I ran out of one or two ingredients. Whoops!! The end product had too much flour, too little cocoa, ... But, it was still tasty! I can't imagine what the right ingredients would make! hehehe!

[still] Love your blog!