Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies


I saw these on Pinterest and thought they would be fun to try for a quick after dinner dessert recently. They were very easy to make, and so yummy! My 4 year old especially loved them :). The only thing I failed to notice ahead of time was that I was supposed to let them sit in the fridge for a while before baking them, so I only had a few minutes to do so. They still seemed to turn out fine, though I'll know for the future to prep them a little earlier. It would have made slicing them thin a little easier.
The original recipe calls these breakfast cookies, but personally, they would be too sweet for my taste early in the morning. But they were a great dessert, and so easy to whip up.

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies
From Cookies and Cups
Makes approximately 15 cookies

I N G R E  D I E N T S :
1 can seamless crescent rolls (I could only find the ones with seams-they are fine, too)
1 (8 ounce) block or container cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

D I R E C  T I O N S :

With a hand mixer or food processor, beat sugar, cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth in a medium sized bowl.

Unroll the crescent roll sheet. Stretch out the dough slightly. It should be in the shape of a rectangle.

Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the crescent sheet, leaving a gap at the edge about 1/2".

Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the cream cheese.

Roll the crescent sheet up tightly, and wrap in cling wrap.

Refrigerate for at least two hours, or overnight.

When chilled, preheat oven to 350.

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to precent sticking.

Slice the crescent roll onto 1/4" slices. Bake on prepared cookie sheet for 12-14 minute until crescent roll appears golden brown.

Transfer to wire rack.

Eat warm or room temperature.

No comments: