Thursday, December 13, 2012

egg in a hole (or heart)


I've seen this recipe many times before and thought it would be a fun way to serve up eggs in the morning. I finally got around to it, and love it! It's so fun! You can use any shape cookie cutter that will fit inside a piece of bread and make the egg in it. I thought hearts would be cute (wouldn't that be a fun Valentine's day breakfast?), and my daughters loved it. This is so easy to do, and it's pretty mess-free, which I love! Christmas tree or angel cutouts would be especially cute for this time of year, too!

Egg in a hole

I N G R E D I E N T S :
butter
bread
eggs
salt
pepper


D I R E C T I O N S :
Butter and preheat a skillet on medium heat.
Meanwhile, take each slice of bread and, using a cookie cutter, cut out a circle, heart, etc, keeping the piece that you cut out.
Crack one egg and pour it into the hole of the bread. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until desired doneness, flipping once. While you do this, cook the part of the bread you cut out in the skillet on top of a little butter, for toast.
Once the egg is cooked, simply lift the toast/egg out with a spatula, and place on a plate with remaining toast pieces. I like to serve the toast with jelly.

No comments: