Tuesday, February 17, 2009

brown sugar glazed carrots


I found this recipe for carrots from Everyday Food Magazine, and I've made it several times. My husband loves carrots with brown sugar, and I like them as long as they aren't too syrupy. I have a big rosemary bush in my back yard, so when I saw this recipe, I thought I would try it. It's very good!

Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Everyday Food, October 2007

I N G R E D I E N T S :

1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths, halved or quartered if thick (I only use 3 or 4 carrots for the two of us)
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. light-brown sugar
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
Coarse salt and ground pepper

D I R E C T I O N S :

In a large skillet, place carrots, butter, sugar, rosemary, and 1 1/4 cups water; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until carrots are tender, 10-12 minutes (if water evaporates before carrots are tender, add 1/4 cup more).

Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced to a glaze, 1-2 minutes more.

No comments: