Monday, October 26, 2009

Chicken Italiano

Tonight I tried a new recipe from an email I recently received of a collection of quick, simple, and tasty dinner recipes that was put together by some moms. I have been eager to try one of the many that claims to have a preparation time of under 15 minutes. A friend of mine had mentioned that this dish is great, so I decided to make it tonight. I was so impressed! It was extremely easy to prepare-you take frozen chicken (yes, frozen!), top it with a few tasty ingredients, plop it in the oven, and there you have it. I love how easy it was, and we really liked the flavor of mushrooms, artichokes, parmesan cheese, and italian seasonings (how can you go wrong with those ingredients?). This will certainly be a meal I make again!

Chicken Italiano
from Simple Suppers for Busy Moms

I N G R E D I E N T S :

3-4 FROZEN boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (you can also use thawed if that is what you have)
3/4 cup italian dressing
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms (optional, but I actually used more because we love them)
1 can quartered artichokes, drained
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup italian breadcrumbs
1/2 stick melted butter

D I R E C T I O N S :

Place (frozen) chicken breasts in greased casserole dish. Pour dressing on top. Add mushrooms and artichokes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and breadcrumbs, then melted butter. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

1 comment:

MLS said...

SO glad you liked it! I love the flavors, too....so many flavors that go together so well...and SO easy!
I will keep sharing the successes I have with that list of dinners...