Saturday, December 26, 2009

easy apple salad

This is basically a waldorf salad, but very light and not too mayonnaise-ey. My husband's granny made it over Thanksgiving, and I crave it. This is a great, fresh, easy accompaniment to dinner and little ones love it, too!

Apple Salad

I N G R E D I E N T S :

3 tsp. mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. sugar
3 large or 4-5 small apples (I used gala, but red delicious or any red apple will probably work)
raisins, to taste
halved english walnuts or pecans, to taste
small marshmallows, to taste (optional...i didn't have any and left them out and it was still great)
dash of lemon juice. if you don't have "fresh fruit" to sprinkle over the apples to keep them from browning, just splash a little lemon juice or rinse them in salt water and they won't turn brown on you.

D I R E C T I O N S :

Mix mayo and sugar.

peel and dice apples.

mix all ingredients together in a bowl. easy!

No comments: