Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Summer salad with mandarin vinaigrette


I love throwing things together for a salad in the summer. Fresh spinach, some fruit, cheese, and a good dressing always taste good together. I love the nutrition that a salad like this provides, and homemade dressing is a healthier, inexpensive, and more natural alternative to the store bought versions.  I always enjoy trying out new dressings and vinaigrettes, and they really only take a couple of minutes to make.

Summer Salad with mandarin vinaigrette

I N G R E D I E N T S :

Baby Spinach (FYI-Sam's has a big tub of organic baby spinach for just over $3)
Strawberries, diced
Blueberries
Mango, sliced
Mandarin Oranges (sometimes I cannot resist. I love canned mandarin oranges in salad!)
Feta or Goat Cheese (did not have but would have been delicious)
Optional: Nuts or candied pecans (did not use but would have been good)
Mandarin Vinaigrette (click here for recipe)

D I R E C T I O N S :

Top spinach with fruit, cheese, nuts, and toss with vinaigrette just before serving.

No comments: